Are you sick of overpaying and want cheaper Toyota Highlander insurance in Cheyenne? Trying to come up with a payment for high-priced auto insurance can deplete your family's budget and make it impossible to make ends meet. Shopping your coverage around can help to lower your bills every month.
Inconceivable but true, most drivers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never shopped around. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,300, Wyoming drivers could save $200 a year by just shopping around, but they don't invest the time required to shop around. Many car insurance companies vie for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to get the best rates possible on Toyota Highlander insurance in Cheyenne.
You should take the time to shop coverage around as often as possible since prices are constantly changing. Just because you found the best deal on Toyota Highlander insurance in Cheyenne two years ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you're about to learn the quickest way to find better coverage on Toyota Highlander insurance in Cheyenne at a better price.
Cheap Toyota insurance prices in Cheyenne
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Cheyenne, WY. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Highlander Sport 4WD||$176||$270||$370||$22||$110||$948||$79|
|Highlander SE 2WD||$356||$466||$470||$28||$140||$1,460||$122|
|Highlander Sport 2WD||$232||$346||$370||$22||$110||$1,080||$90|
|Highlander Limited 2WD||$184||$338||$404||$24||$122||$1,072||$89|
|Highlander SE 4WD||$300||$538||$376||$22||$112||$1,348||$112|
|Highlander Limited 4WD||$206||$390||$466||$28||$140||$1,230||$103|
|Highlander Hybrid 4WD||$168||$294||$344||$20||$102||$928||$77|
|Highlander Hybrid Limited 4WD||$348||$550||$358||$22||$108||$1,386||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Wyoming minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase price quotes significantly.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Highlander yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The premiums assume no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no definitive guideline that works best for making the decision to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Toyota Highlander book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $300 a year for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not recommended. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Safe drivers Cheyenne pay cheaper rates
The chart below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions drive up Toyota Highlander premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The prices are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The information below demonstrates how deductible levels and can change Toyota Highlander yearly insurance costs for each different age category. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Get cheap Toyota Highlander insurance in Cheyenne with discounts
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can help lower your rates. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you quote, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- New Car Discount - Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Federal Government Employee - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Cheyenne car insurance with certain companies.
- College Student - Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and won't have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Telematics Data - Insureds who allow their car insurance company to scrutinize their driving habits by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- Bundle and Save - When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could save up to 20% off your total Highlander insurance premium.
- Own a Home and Save - Being a homeowner can save you money because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying a policy with multiple vehicles with the same car insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
Don't be shocked that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free car insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. Any amount of discount will help reduce your policy premiums.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, driver's education, accident-free, and multiple policy.
- GEICO offers discounts including emergency military deployment, military active duty, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, and seat belt use.
- Allstate offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, utility vehicle, early signing, defensive driver, and eSmart discount.
- SAFECO has savings for teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, safe driver, homeowner, anti-theft, and accident prevention training.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-policy, driver training, renewal discount, and safe driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, and good student.
- AAA may offer discounts for good student, multi-policy, education and occupation, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, and good driver.
When quoting, ask every company how many discounts you can get. Discounts might not be offered everywhere. To view insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Cheyenne, click here to view.
Should I get advice from an insurance agency?
Some people still prefer to buy from a local agent. Insurance agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to participating agents in Cheyenne who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to your email. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, just visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurer requires more thought than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
If you would like to find a local Cheyenne insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Cheyenne are categorized either exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can write car insurance policies, but it's worth mentioning the difference between them since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Cheyenne that can give you price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not sell for just one brand so they can write business with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, you will want to include a few independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Listed below are Cheyenne independent agents that can give you price quotes.
4012 Laramie St - Cheyenne, WY 82001 - (307) 635-6500 - View Map
Learn about auto insurance coverages for a Toyota Highlander
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as fire damage, damage from getting keyed and falling objects. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for liability
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/20 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $20,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like repair bills for other people's vehicles, medical services, loss of income and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible. Wyoming state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/20 but drivers should carry more coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as ambulance fees, nursing services, X-ray expenses and EMT expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like crashing into a ditch, driving through your garage door and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Highlander to get cheaper collision coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the "other guys" either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Toyota Highlander.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/20), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Don't give up on cheaper coverage
Some insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agents. Cost effective Toyota Highlander insurance can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Cheyenne agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to shop for Toyota Highlander insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices come from a small mutual company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
When you buy Cheyenne car insurance online, make sure you don't skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Other learning opportunities
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 17 Year Olds in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Wyoming Auto Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Young Drivers in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)