How many times have you told yourself it's time to shop around for low-cost insurance rates in Casper, WY? Casper consumers have lots of choices when looking for affordable Nissan Rogue insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance rates so you're going to learn the quickest way to quote coverages for a new or used Nissan and locate the best price possible either online or from Casper insurance agents.
It's a great practice to compare premium rates every six months because rates change quite often. If you had the best premium rates on Nissan Rogue insurance in Casper six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. There are a lot of ways to save on Rogue insurance out there, but in this article, you're going to get a lot of great tips on how to find affordable insurance in Casper.
The purpose of this article is to familiarize you with the best ways to compare prices and how you can save the most money. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas covered in this article. You just have to use the proper methods to compare prices instantly.
Nissan Rogue Insurance Cost Factors
Lots of factors are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
The itemized list below are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
- Insurance rates and your job - Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers such as lawyers, police officers, and dentists tend to have higher rates than average in part from high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, careers such as professors, historians and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Raise physical damage deductibles and save - Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims would be rearending another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and having a roll-over accident. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Amount of liability - Liability insurance provides coverage when you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle - The higher the miles on your Nissan in a year's time the more you'll pay to insure it. A lot of companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Autos left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Incorrect rating for your Rogue may be costing you. It's always a good idea to double check that your insurance coverage correctly shows annual mileage, because it can save money.
- Insurance rates for married couples - Having a significant other can get you a discount compared to being single. Having a significant other is viewed as being less irresponsible and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Extra policy coverages can cost a lot - There are a ton of add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren't diligent. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea at first, but if you don't need them remove them and pocket the money.
- Pay more by driving carelessly - A bad driving record has a big impact on rates. Even a single ticket could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Good drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who get flagrant violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may need to file a SR-22 with their state's licensing department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Insurance losses for a Nissan Rogue - Car insurance companies use historical loss data to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that are shown to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher rates. The table shown below demonstrates the loss history for Nissan Rogue vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehiclescombined as an average is equal to 100. Percentages below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Nissan Rogue Insurance Claim Statistics
Specific Nissan Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Rogue 4dr 2WD 94 91 77 116 108 93 Nissan Rogue 4dr 4WD 94 92 79 117 106 87 Nissan Rogue Select 4dr 2WD 100 119 69 165 169 115 Nissan Rogue Select 4dr 4WD 107 136 69 154 159 132
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to lower your Nissan Rogue insurance cost in Casper
Reducing your insurance rates is pretty simple and can save money. Just spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rates online with multiple companies.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Wyoming. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Rogue S 2WD||$280||$512||$418||$24||$124||$1,358||$113|
|Rogue S AWD||$132||$244||$380||$22||$114||$892||$74|
|Rogue SL 2WD||$266||$546||$426||$26||$128||$1,392||$116|
|Rogue SL AWD||$132||$286||$380||$22||$114||$934||$78|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Wyoming minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates substantially.
How high should deductibles be?
The illustration below shows how different deductible levels and can increase or decrease Nissan Rogue yearly insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The costs are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Tricks in auto insurance advertising
Consumers in Wyoming can't get away from all the ads that claim the best rates from companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies make an identical promise that people will save just by moving your auto insurance policy to them.
How is it possible that every company can make almost identical claims? Here is how they do it.
Many companies quote their cheapest rates for the type of customer that will not have excessive claims. One example of a profitable customer may need to be over age 30, carries high limits, and has great credit. A propective insured who fits that profile will most likely get cheap rates and will most likely save some money.
Insureds who do not meet the requirements must pay higher premiums with the end result being the customer buying from a different company. The ad wording is "customers who switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" save that much. That's the way companies can truthfully make it sound like they have such great prices.
Because of the profiling, you should quote coverage with many companies. Because you cannot predict which insurance companies will have the lowest rate quotes.
Choosing the best Nissan Rogue insurance in Wyoming is an important decision
Despite the high cost, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Wyoming these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Nissan with a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Nissan for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your Nissan and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $850 per year so compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheaper rates with these price cutting discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you can get discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but a few need to be asked for before you get the savings.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Fewer annual miles on your Nissan can earn cheaper auto insurance rates.
- Homeowners Savings - Just being a homeowner can save you money because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Sign Early and Save - Some insurance companies give discounts for switching companies prior to your current Rogue insurance policy expiration. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Waiver for an Accident - This one isn't a discount, but some companies like Progressive and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates so long as you haven't had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Employee of Federal Government - Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- No Accidents - Claim-free drivers can save substantially compared to drivers with a long claim history.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won't be that lucky.
To see insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Casper, follow this link.
One last thing about your coverage
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
People switch companies for many reasons like high prices, delays in paying claims, unfair underwriting practices or even lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
You just read many tips how you can find cheaper Nissan Rogue insurance in Casper. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Casper auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company.
Much more information about auto insurance in Wyoming is available on the following sites:
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- How Much is Wyoming Auto Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Gillette, WY? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Wheatland, Wyoming? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- How Much are Wyoming Auto Insurance Rates for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)