Are you sick of overpaying and want low-cost Toyota Rav4 insurance in Cheyenne? Paying for pricey Toyota Rav4 insurance in Cheyenne can sap your checking account and possibly require postponing other expenditures. Comparing rates annually is recommended to make ends meet.
It's hard to believe, but almost 70% of insureds in Wyoming have been with the same company for four years or more, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers can cut their rates by roughly $859 a year by just shopping around, but they don't want to take the time to compare rate quotes.
Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies to discover the definitive lowest rate on Toyota Rav4 insurance in Cheyenne.
When looking for low cost Cheyenne car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to get quotes from local Cheyenne insurance companies. By far the easiest way to do a complete rate comparison is simply to get online rate quotes.
Comparison shopping quotes online is easy and it replaces the need to actually drive to insurance agents' offices. The ability to get quotes online makes this unnecessary unless you're the type of person who wants the peace of mind of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. However, consumers can comparison shop your insurance online but buy the policy through an agent.
Keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes will enable you to find a better price. Not every company provides Cheyenne Rav4 insurance quotes over the internet, so it's necessary to compare rates from them as well.
The car insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in Wyoming. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RAV4 Sport 2WD||$268||$458||$366||$22||$110||$1,224||$102|
|RAV4 Sport 2WD||$164||$332||$466||$28||$140||$1,130||$94|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$308||$556||$358||$22||$108||$1,352||$113|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$134||$250||$344||$20||$102||$850||$71|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$214||$388||$336||$20||$100||$1,058||$88|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$352||$556||$470||$28||$140||$1,546||$129|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$266||$574||$404||$24||$122||$1,390||$116|
|RAV4 Sport 4WD||$266||$546||$404||$24||$122||$1,362||$114|
|RAV4 Sport 4WD||$174||$312||$336||$20||$100||$942||$79|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$256||$376||$470||$28||$140||$1,270||$106|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$148||$288||$376||$22||$112||$946||$79|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$132||$244||$336||$20||$100||$832||$69|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Wyoming minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in specific location information which can raise or lower rates considerably.
Toyota Rav4 liability-only versus full coverage
The illustration below shows the difference between Toyota Rav4 premium costs with and without physical damage coverage. The information is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no definitive rule of when to exclude physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Toyota Rav4 settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying over $300 a year for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Lower-cost Cheyenne auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but there could be significant discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying a new car model can get you a discount since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Multi-line Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Distant Student - Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Full Payment Discount - By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Telematics Discount - Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to spy on driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Home Ownership Discount - Just being a homeowner can save you money because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not really a discount, but companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate allow you one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Government Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Military Discounts - Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don't profit that way.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for 55 and retired, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for safety features, exclusive group savings, multi-car, newly retired, newly married, and new graduate.
- State Farm has savings for student away at school, accident-free, defensive driving training, multiple policy, safe vehicle, passive restraint, and driver's education.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for mature driver, company car, student away at school, air bags, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may have discounts that include driver training, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, good student, defensive driver, anti-theft, and federal employee.
- SAFECO discounts include anti-lock brakes, homeowner, safe driver, multi-car, and anti-theft.
If you need the cheapest Toyota Rav4 rate quotes, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in Cheyenne. If you would like to see a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Wyoming, click here.
You Can Change Your Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
The following are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine your rate level.
- Better drivers pay better premiums - Just one chargeable violation can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don't get tickets have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get dangerous violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Lower premiums for cars with good safety ratings - Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can mean better rates for you. If the Toyota Rav4 is rated at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Car insurance liability insurance limits - Your car insurance policy's liability coverage will protect you if ever you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Drive a fast car and pay more - The type of vehicle you drive makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. The most favorable rates are usually for the lowest performance passenger vehicles, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors. Since the Toyota Rav4 is considered a compact SUV, insuring your vehicle will cost the same to a little lower when compared to the average rates in Cheyenne.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? - Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you some money. Theft prevention features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent car theft.
- Higher prices for policy lapses - Driving your car without having proper coverage is a big no-no and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance coverage expire. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage will get you fines and jail time. Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Wyoming department of motor vehicles.
- Women pay lower costs - The statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Males and females cause accidents in similar numbers, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Pay less if you're married - Getting married may save some money on your car insurance policy. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are less irresponsible and it's proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local Cheyenne insurance agency
Many drivers prefer to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain the best rates and also buy local. And buying from neighborhood agents is important particularly in Cheyenne.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to insurance agents in Cheyenne who will give competitive quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won't need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to you. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you need to find a local insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Cheyenne are either independent or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agents in Cheyenne that may be able to give free rate quotes.
Code of the West Insurance
1813 Pacific Ave - Cheyenne, WY 82007 - (307) 637-6777 - View Map
Wyoming Car Insurance
2603 Chestnut Dr - Cheyenne, WY 82001 - (307) 438-9768 - View Map
These type of agents can only place business with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well schooled on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Cheyenne that are able to give comparison quotes.
Finding the right auto insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Wyoming?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Lower rates by being persistent
You just learned many ways to compare Toyota Rav4 insurance premium rates in Cheyenne. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the most savings is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
As you prepare to switch companies, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an insured cut liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
There are still a few companies who may not have online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies work with independent agents. More affordable auto insurance in Cheyenne is available from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Much more information about auto insurance in Wyoming can be read on the following sites:
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Wyoming Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Sheridan, Wyoming? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Felons in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Young Drivers in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)