Want low-cost Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Casper? Are you irritated from robbing Peter to pay Paul to pay your car insurance bill each month? Your situation is no different than many other Wyoming consumers.
A recent survey discovered that the vast majority of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. With the average premium in Wyoming being $1,260, drivers can save $220 each year by just shopping around, but they don't want to take the time to compare other rate quotes. Companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO promote their brand names with ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the promise of big savings and find the best price available.
You need to price shop coverage at least once a year because car insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the best rate on Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Casper a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because it's time to teach you the things you must know in order to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Best Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance prices in Wyoming
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Wyoming. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$252||$430||$370||$22||$110||$1,184||$99|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$238||$480||$404||$24||$122||$1,268||$106|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$246||$434||$366||$22||$110||$1,178||$98|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$240||$456||$336||$20||$100||$1,152||$96|
|Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$300||$642||$404||$24||$122||$1,492||$124|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Wyoming minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in Casper location which can influence rates substantially.
Full coverage versus liability-only in Casper
The information below illustrates the difference between Jeep Grand Cherokee premium costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. Data assumes no claims or violations, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no definitive formula of when to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's assume your Jeep Grand Cherokee replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $600 annually for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Irresponsible driving raises your rates
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault claims influence Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance premiums for each age group. The data is based on a single female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Annual premiums for males compared to females
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Jeep Grand Cherokee auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
How Your Grand Cherokee Insurance Rates are Determined
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with cheaper rates. Many different elements are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although others are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
- How much liability do you need? - Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you if ever you are found liable for damages from an accident. It will provide for a legal defense starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- No policy lapses saves money - Not having insurance is a big no-no and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance coverage expire. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines and jail time.
- Where do you drive? - The more miles you rack up on your Jeep every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Almost all companies price each vehicle's coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It's a smart idea to ensure your insurance declarations sheet states the correct usage for each vehicle. An improperly rated Grand Cherokee may be costing you higher rates.
- Poor credit history equals high costs - Having a good credit score factor in your rate calculation. If your credit rating can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Jeep Grand Cherokee by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds with high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit ratings.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed - Policies have additional coverages that can waste your money on your Grand Cherokee policy. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, accident forgiveness, and extra equipment coverage are some examples. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Single drivers take more risk - Getting married actually saves money when shopping for insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature and it's proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Insurance loss probability for a Jeep Grand Cherokee - Companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more for specific coverages.
The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Jeep Grand Cherokee vehicles. For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, equals 100. Numbers below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Jeep Grand Cherokee Models
Specific Jeep Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Grand Cherokee 4dr 2WD 81 111 71 62 60 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4dr 4WD 91 112 98 67 63 89
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
These discounts can lower your insurance quotes
Car insurance companies don't always advertise all discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive permit an accident without raising rates if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Driver Education Discount - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver's education course if it's offered in school.
- Bundle and Save - If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with one insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning a home in Casper may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Government Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Select larger companies give a discount for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current Grand Cherokee insurance policy. The savings is around 10%.
- Online Discount - Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application over the internet.
Don't be surprised that many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you could get a free insurance policy, it just doesn't work that way. But any discount will definitely reduce your policy premiums.
Large insurance companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for air bags, driver training, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, and anti-theft.
- State Farm has savings for good driver, multiple autos, student away at school, anti-theft, accident-free, multiple policy, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, homeowner, multi-car, emergency road assistance, online shopper, Switch & Save, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford has discounts for bundle, driver training, good student, air bag, vehicle fuel type, and anti-theft.
If you need cheaper Casper auto insurance quotes, ask every company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not be offered in every state. To view insurers with the best discounts in Wyoming, click this link.
A little work can save a LOT of money
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to lower your Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance rates in Casper. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a small mutual company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Casper is possible online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and usually these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- How Much is Wyoming Auto Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Wheatland, Wyoming? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Wyoming Auto Insurance Rates for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Warren AFB, Wyoming? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Wyoming Car Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Worland, WY? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Wyoming Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Wyoming Auto Insurance for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)