How long has it been since the last time you looked for lower-priced Ford Focus insurance in Casper? Finding better insurance prices for a Ford Focus in Wyoming can turn out to be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to make it easier.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare car insurance rates and we'll show you the best way to get price quotes on a Ford and obtain the lowest price.
It's shocking but almost 70% of insureds kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Casper drivers could save nearly $200 every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes.
If you already have coverage or just want cheaper coverage, take advantage of these tips to buy cheaper insurance without having to cut coverage. Comparing rates for the best-priced policy in Casper is easy to do. Shoppers only need an understanding of the best way to find the lowest price online from multiple companies.
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Casper, WY. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$258||$630||$466||$28||$140||$1,522||$127|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$128||$302||$404||$24||$122||$980||$82|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$146||$398||$434||$26||$130||$1,134||$95|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$456||$336||$20||$100||$1,098||$92|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$194||$434||$426||$26||$128||$1,208||$101|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$174||$368||$380||$22||$114||$1,058||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Wyoming minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in garaging location in Casper which can decrease or increase rates considerably.
Careless drivers pay higher rates
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and accidents influence Ford Focus premium costs for each different age group. The prices are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Comparison of car insurance rates by gender and age in Casper
The illustration below shows the comparison of Ford Focus premium costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The example below shows the difference between Ford Focus insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The data is based on no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no written rule to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Ford Focus replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $700 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven't paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the high cost, insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection in order to be legal. In Wyoming these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Focus, more than likely the lender will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in Wyoming is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Determine discounts on Casper auto insurance
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but a few need to be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Casper car insurance quote.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Having multiple cars on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Senior Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Good Student Discount - Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Driver's Education for Students - Teen drivers should complete a driver education course if it's offered in school.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning a home in Casper may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
The best auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- American Family discounts include accident-free, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, early bird, and defensive driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for student away at school, good driver, good student, defensive driving training, passive restraint, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century offers discounts including homeowners, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, theft prevention, student driver, and air bags.
- Travelers offers discounts for continuous insurance, early quote, new car, multi-policy, hybrid/electric vehicle, and save driver.
- GEICO has savings for driver training, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, and daytime running lights.
When quoting, ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Savings may not be offered in Casper. If you would like to see a list of insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Wyoming, click this link.
Can't I compare rate quotes from local Casper insurance agents?
Many drivers just want to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing rates online is you can get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Casper.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to insurance agents in Casper who will give competitive quotes for your business. You won't even need to leave your house because prices are sent immediately to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Casper?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best car insurance coverage, there really isn't a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- What is glass protection for?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor's mailbox?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It's fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Don't give up on cheaper premiums
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to get a better price on Ford Focus insurance in Casper. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding the cheapest Ford Focus rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a small local company.
Cheaper insurance in Casper can be purchased both online and with local Casper insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not offer online rate quotes and many times these smaller providers only sell through independent agencies.
When shopping online for insurance, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Wyoming Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Ride Shares in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Lander, WY? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Warren AFB, Wyoming? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)