Are you tired of trying to find lower-priced Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Cheyenne? Nobody that owns a car likes paying for insurance, especially when they know the price is too high.
Sadly, the vast majority of insurance customers have been with the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never taken the time to shop around. Cheyenne consumers can save 20% each year by just shopping around, but they assume it's a waste of time to find affordable insurance rates.
Insurance companies such as Allstate, Progressive and GEICO all promote huge savings with ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the promise of big savings and take the time to shop coverage around.
Car insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Companies that sell car insurance do not list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both well-publicized and the more hidden credits that may apply to you. If they aren't giving you every credit available, you are just wasting money.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
- Cheyenne Homeowners Pay Less - Owning a house in Cheyenne can save you money because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- 55 and Retired - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get a small discount on rates.
- Air Bag Discount - Factory air bags may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you affordable Dodge Grand Caravan insurance rates in Cheyenne.
Don't be surprised that some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you're out of luck.
If you would like to view insurance companies that offer discounts in Cheyenne, click here.
Just keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons will improve the odds of getting lower pricing. Not every company does Cheyenne Grand Caravan insurance quotes online, so it's important to also get price estimates from them, too.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Wyoming. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Caravan CV||$240||$388||$344||$20||$102||$1,094||$91|
|Grand Caravan SE||$168||$278||$434||$26||$130||$1,036||$86|
|Grand Caravan Hero||$296||$630||$466||$28||$140||$1,560||$130|
|Grand Caravan Crew||$300||$574||$404||$24||$122||$1,424||$119|
|Grand Caravan SXT||$268||$458||$376||$22||$112||$1,236||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Wyoming minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in garaging location in Cheyenne which can raise or lower premiums greatly.
Dodge Grand Caravan insurance rates by gender
The example below illustrates the difference between Dodge Grand Caravan yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
The Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance Rate Equation
Many things are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but others are less obvious such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating. Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that help calculate your policy premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that may result in big savings.
The itemized list below are most of the major factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
Location can influence price - Residing in a small town is a positive aspect when talking about insurance. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have more auto accidents and longer commutes to work. Less people means fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims
Certain employers pay higher rates - Careers like military personnel, social workers and stock brokers generally have higher rates than average due to high stress levels and long work days. On the flip side, jobs like professors, students and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
Higher deductibles are cheaper - Insurance for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your Dodge. Some examples of covered claims are a broken windshield, hitting a deer, and having your car stolen. Your deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend if a covered claim is submitted. The more damage repair cost you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Discounts for multiple policies - Most insurance companies allow a discount to policyholders that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, it's in your best interest to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal. Drivers may still save money even if you insure with multiple companies
Too many claims and you'll pay more - Insurance companies in Wyoming give discounts to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
How much liability coverage do you need? - Your insurance policy's liability coverage provides coverage in the event that you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. This coverage provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Insurance losses for a Dodge Grand Caravan - Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle when they calculate premium rates for each model. Models that have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have a higher premium rate. The table below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Dodge Grand Caravan vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is a value of 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendancy to have larger claims.
Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Dodge Grand Caravan||79||104||81||108||108||107|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance agents can give valuable advice
Certain consumers would prefer to buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and also buy local. And providing support for local insurance agencies is still important in Cheyenne.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to participating agents in Cheyenne who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency because prices are sent directly to your email. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, don't hesitate to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an company should depend on more than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
Insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Despite the high insurance cost for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Cheyenne, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Wyoming these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Grand Caravan, most banks will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge at an extremely high rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Dodge Grand Caravan but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Grand Caravan more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $869 every year so it's very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Persistence will pay off
Affordable Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Cheyenne is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Cheyenne agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not have online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We've covered a lot of information how to shop for Dodge Grand Caravan insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Some small companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a DUI in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Wyoming Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Wyoming Car Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)