Searching for the lowest price Cheyenne Ford Escape insurance quotes online can be rather challenging for consumers not familiar with buying their auto insurance on the web. With dozens of companies competing online, how are consumers expected to have the ability to compare all the different companies and get the cheapest price possible?
A recent survey discovered that the vast majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers can cut their rates by about $850 a year, but they underestimate the rate savings if they replace their high priced policy.
It's a good habit to do rate comparisons on a regular basis because rates are constantly changing. Just because you found the best deal on Ford Escape insurance in Cheyenne six months ago you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the best way to find great coverage at a great price.
Buying the lowest cost policy in Cheyenne is not as confusing as people think. Essentially anyone who requires lower cost car insurance will more than likely be able to lower their premiums. But Wyoming car owners do need to know the way insurance companies price online insurance because it can help you find the best coverage.
Save money by earning discounts
Car insurance companies don't always publicize every possible discount in a way that's easy to find, so the list below contains both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive a slight reduction on a Cheyenne car insurance quote.
- Seat Belt Usage - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Sign Early and Save - Some auto insurance companies provide a discount for switching companies prior to your current Escape insurance policy expiration. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Onboard Data Collection - Cheyenne drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to monitor their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying a new car instead of a used Escape can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn't work that way. But all discounts will definitely reduce your policy premium.
Large auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- The Hartford discounts include good student, air bag, anti-theft, defensive driver, bundle, and vehicle fuel type.
- American Family has discounts for multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, early bird, and air bags.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers offers discounts including hybrid/electric vehicle, IntelliDrive, good student, home ownership, and new car.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for homeowner, distant student, youthful driver, pay in full, mature driver, teen driver, and business and professional.
- USAA includes discounts for military installation, annual mileage, driver training, family discount, good student, vehicle storage, and new vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for teen driver discount, safety features, exclusive group savings, new vehicle discount, and hybrid vehicle.
Double check with every prospective company how you can save money. Discounts may not be available everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurers with the best Ford Escape insurance discounts in Cheyenne, click here to view.
All the larger insurance companies make it easy to get insurance quotes on their websites. Getting quotes for Ford Escape insurance in Cheyenne can be done by anyone as you simply enter your coverage preferences on the page. When the form is submitted, the quote system pulls your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information determined by many factors.
The ability to get online rates for Ford Escape insurance in Cheyenne simplifies rate comparisons, and it's also necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find the most affordable premium on insurance.
To find out what other companies charge, compare rates from the companies below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you duplicate coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This ensures you will get comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Cheyenne, WY. If multiple providers are shown, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$264||$526||$368||$22||$110||$1,290||$108|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$178||$284||$314||$18||$94||$888||$74|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$264||$526||$368||$22||$110||$1,290||$108|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$190||$296||$412||$24||$124||$1,046||$87|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$176||$262||$292||$18||$88||$836||$70|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$266||$546||$320||$18||$96||$1,246||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Wyoming minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in specific garaging location which can influence insurance rates greatly.
Males versus Females
The chart below illustrates the difference between Ford Escape car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Physical damage deductibles
The example below illustrates how your deductible choice and can change Ford Escape premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The prices are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
When buying insurance it's important to understand the different types of things that go into determining insurance rates. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower rates. Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although others are less apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
You may save more by consolidating policies - Lots of insurance companies allow discounts to policyholders who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to check prices from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a good possibility that you can save even more by buying insurance from more than one company.
Too many claims drive up prices - Auto insurance companies in Wyoming give most affordable rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Your insurance policy is designed for more catestrophic claims.
Older drivers save more - Older people are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Teenage drivers have been known to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car so insurance rates are higher.
Vehicle options that lower premiums - Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder car theft.
Higher prices for stressful occupations - Jobs like lawyers, architects and medical professionals have higher rates than average attributed to stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. On the flip side, careers such as professors, athletes and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
Ford Escape insurance claim data - Insurers factor in insurance loss information to help determine costs. Vehicles that the data determines to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for coverage. The information below illustrates the loss history for Ford Escape vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Values that are below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent claims or a tendancy for claims to be larger.
Ford Escape Insurance Loss Statistics
|Specific Ford Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Escape 4dr 2WD||80||91||83||94||94||92|
|Ford Escape 4dr 4WD||81||84||94||85||90||77|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Independent versus exclusive insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is especially important in Cheyenne.
After filling out this short form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Cheyenne car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to find an agent because prices are sent to you directly. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, just navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you want to use a good insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they operate. Agents in Cheyenne are either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to include at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many can place coverage with different regional companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Featured below are independent insurance agents in Cheyenne who may provide pricing information.
- Rocky Mountain Capital Agency
500 W 27th St - Cheyenne, WY 82001 - (307) 635-2491 - View Map
- American National Insurance: Ron Pinther
5015 Yellowstone Rd - Cheyenne, WY 82009 - (307) 634-7170 - View Map
- Knifong Insurance Agency, Inc.
2005 Warren Ave - Cheyenne, WY 82001 - (307) 772-3333 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are unable to provide other company's prices so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. A lot of people use the same agent mostly because of high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Cheyenne who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - Jeff Teasley
3904 Central Ave b - Cheyenne, WY 82001 - (307) 632-2180 - View Map
- State Farm : Suzanne Cork
4515 E Pershing Blvd F - Cheyenne, WY 82001 - (307) 635-3773 - View Map
- Brad Warrick - State Farm Insurance Agent
200 Dell Range Blvd - Cheyenne, WY 82009 - (307) 778-8789 - View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
After talking to the agent and getting good answers for all questions you ask as well as a price you're happy with, you may have just found an insurance agent that can be relied on to properly service your auto insurance policy. But remember, you are able to cancel your policy whenever you choose to so don't feel you are locked into the auto insurance policy for any length of time.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in Wyoming
Even though it can be expensive, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Wyoming these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Escape has a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the lender may insure your Ford at an extremely high rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your Ford Escape. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Wyoming overpays more than $869 every year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Don't give up on affordable premiums
There are still a few companies who do not offer rate quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent agents. Lower-priced Ford Escape insurance in Cheyenne is possible on the web as well as from independent agents in Cheyenne, so you should compare both to have the best selection.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can lower your Ford Escape insurance car insurance rates in Cheyenne. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Cheyenne car insurance, the better likelihood of getting affordable Ford Escape insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates come from a smaller regional carrier.
As you quote Cheyenne car insurance, it's not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
More detailed auto insurance information is available in these articles:
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teachers in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Electric Cars in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Evanston, WY? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Wyoming Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Wyoming Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- How Much are Wyoming Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)