No normal person enjoys paying for car insurance, especially when the cost is way too high.
It's hard to believe, but the vast majority of Wyoming car insurance customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never compared quotes from other companies. The average driver in the U.S. could save nearly $850 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don't understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes online.
Many auto insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and uncover the absolute lowest rate possible on Dodge Ram insurance in Casper.
Consumers should take time to compare premium rates at least once a year because car insurance prices change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rate on Dodge Ram insurance in Casper at your last renewal a different company probably has better premium rates today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I'm going to teach you the only way to find lower rates on car insurance.
If you have a current car insurance policy, you will surely be able to find better prices using the techniques covered below. Finding the cheapest coverage in Casper is really not that difficult. But Wyoming drivers need to have an understanding of how companies price insurance differently and take advantage of how the system works.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some insurance providers don't list every disount available very well, so the following list contains both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Casper auto insurance online.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Smart Student Discounts - Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Renewal Discounts - Some companies give discounts for switching companies early. You may see this discount when you get Casper auto insurance quotes online.
- Own a Home - Owning a home in Casper can save you money since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Payment Discounts - By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Distant Student - College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Casper and don't have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Paperwork-free - Certain companies will provide an incentive get Casper auto insurance over the internet.
- Seat Belt Usage - Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like it's possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
The best auto insurance companies and their possible discounts include:
- State Farm may include discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver's education, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers may offer discounts for save driver, payment discounts, student away at school, continuous insurance, and good student.
- American Family has discounts for multi-vehicle, early bird, mySafetyValet, accident-free, Steer into Savings, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including new move discount, preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, new graduate, good student, multi-car, and exclusive group savings.
Check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in Casper. To locate insurers offering auto insurance discounts in Casper, click this link.
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes from car insurance companies in your area. The easiest way by far to compare insurance prices is to perform an online rate comparison.
It's so fast and easy to compare rate quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to physically go to insurance agencies in your area. The ability to quote Dodge Ram insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a need for the advice and guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Although, it is possible price shop online but buy from a local insurance agent.
Just keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates provides better odds of finding the best offered rates. Not every company does online Casper Ram insurance quotes, so you should also compare prices from them as well.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Wyoming. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$218||$304||$412||$24||$124||$1,082||$90|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$190||$338||$490||$28||$146||$1,192||$99|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$268||$458||$426||$26||$128||$1,306||$109|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$300||$546||$458||$28||$136||$1,468||$122|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$348||$556||$404||$24||$122||$1,454||$121|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$316||$512||$418||$24||$124||$1,394||$116|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$218||$368||$426||$26||$128||$1,166||$97|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$220||$294||$530||$32||$158||$1,234||$103|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$248||$432||$490||$28||$146||$1,344||$112|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$430||$806||$546||$32||$164||$1,978||$165|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$300||$538||$458||$28||$136||$1,460||$122|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$298||$544||$380||$22||$114||$1,358||$113|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$300||$538||$426||$26||$128||$1,418||$118|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$348||$550||$404||$24||$122||$1,448||$121|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$272||$500||$526||$32||$158||$1,488||$124|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$334||$642||$426||$26||$128||$1,556||$130|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$386||$676||$546||$32||$164||$1,804||$150|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$238||$426||$546||$32||$164||$1,406||$117|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$168||$338||$388||$24||$116||$1,034||$86|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$314||$628||$546||$32||$164||$1,684||$140|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Wyoming minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in zip code location which can impact coverage rates substantially.
Policy deductible comparison
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can change Dodge Ram insurance costs for each different age group. The costs are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy, there really isn't a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Wyoming?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Should I rate my Dodge Ram as pleasure use or commute?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Is my Dodge Ram covered for smoke damage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Exclusive versus independent insurance agencies
A lot of people prefer to have an agent's advice and that is OK! A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Casper who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to find an agent since price quotes are sent directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Any agent in Casper should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- How long has their agency been open in Casper?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
Insurance agent types
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Casper are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company like Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company's rates so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company's products which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Casper that are able to give price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not write with just one company so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to find a new agent. When comparing car insurance prices, it's a good idea to include multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
The following are Casper independent agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
BW Insurance Agency Inc
300 S Wolcott St - Casper, WY 82601 - (307) 266-1434 - View Map
Casper Insurance Agents
2135 Sunflower St - Casper, WY 82604 - (307) 472-4242 - View Map
Affordable insurance premiums are possible
Discount Dodge Ram insurance in Casper is possible online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not have online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to reduce Dodge Ram insurance premium rates online in Casper. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Casper auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. These companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
To learn more, link through to the resources below:
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Ride Shares in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Rawlins, Wyoming? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)