How long have you put off shopping around for cheaper Chevy Cruze insurance in Casper? Buying budget-priced Casper Chevy Cruze insurance quotes can appear to be difficult for people that are relatively new to comparing and buying car insurance online. With such a large number of companies in the marketplace, how can anyone effectively compare each option to find the best available price?
Unfortunately, the majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates with other companies. The average driver in Wyoming could save approximately 20% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they underestimate how much money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
Compare Casper Chevy Cruze insurance price quotes
All the larger car insurance companies allow consumers to get coverage prices online. Comparing Chevy Cruze insurance rates online is pretty easy because it's just a matter of typing in your coverage information as detailed in the form. Upon sending the form, the system orders your driving record and credit report and returns a price.
Getting online quotes for Chevy Cruze insurance in Casper helps simplify price comparisons, and it is important to get many rate quotes if you want to get a lower rate.
In order to compare rates now, check out the car insurance providers below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you enter the limits and deductibles exactly as shown on your declarations page. Using the same limits helps guarantee you're receiving rate comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Wyoming. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheaper Chevy Cruze insurance in Casper
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but companies offer discounts that can help lower your rates. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about before being credited. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Student Driver Training - It's a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver's education class if offered at their school.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Casper auto insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- New Car Discount - Insuring a new Cruze is cheaper because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Distant Student Discount - Older children who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Own a Home and Save - Owning a house in Casper can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
Don't be surprised that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren't that lucky.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts for student away at school, multiple autos, driver's education, defensive driving training, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good driver.
- Nationwide may include discounts for easy pay, good student, multi-policy, business or organization, accident-free, and defensive driving.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, military active duty, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, and seat belt use.
- AAA offers premium reductions for good student, good driver, multi-policy, pay-in-full, multi-car, anti-theft, and education and occupation.
- 21st Century includes discounts for good student, teen driver, driver training, homeowners, and automatic seat belts.
- The Hartford offers discounts including bundle, good student, driver training, defensive driver, and vehicle fuel type.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in your state. To see a list of car insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Casper, click here.
Are car insurance agents obsolete?
Some people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to insurance agents in Casper that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You'll get the best rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Casper?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Is the quote a firm price?
Two different types of auto insurance agents
If you want to buy car insurance from a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they function. Car insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company's rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. They receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Casper who may provide you with price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - Lisa Koerber
1607 CY Ave #203 - Casper, WY 82604 - (307) 473-5341 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Don Mealer
800 Werner Ct Ste 210 - Casper, WY 82601 - (307) 265-5116 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Gerald Gassman
225 S McKinley St - Casper, WY 82601 - (307) 577-1199 - View Map
These agents can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, you will want to check rates from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with mutual insurance companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Below are independent agents in Casper willing to provide price quote information.
- Service First Insurance
235 S David St a - Casper, WY 82601 - (307) 234-5110 - View Map
- The Stengel Agency LLC
1545 E 2nd St - Casper, WY 82601 - (307) 234-1073 - View Map
- Risk Placement Services
123 W 1st St # 175B - Casper, WY 82601 - (307) 265-3570 - View Map
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When choosing your policy, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone's situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Chevy Cruze?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Who is covered when they drive my Chevy Cruze?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Chevy Cruze Insurance Rates Can Be Reduced
Lots of factors are considered when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but some are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
The items below are most of the major factors that factor into premiums.
Liability protection - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the coverage that protects you if you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability provides for a legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Cheaper prices using GPS tracking and theft deterrents - Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping auto theft and help lower rates.
What's your car's IIHS safety rating? - Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means less claims paid which can mean better rates for you. If your Chevy Cruze is rated at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may pay a lower rate.
Do you really need the extra policy coverages? - Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages you can purchase if you don't pay attention. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don't need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Poor credit rating equals high costs - Having a good credit score can be a huge factor in calculating your premium rate. Therefore, if your credit score could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet Cruze if you clean up your credit. People with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower credit scores.
Multiple policies with one company can save - Most larger auto insurance companies provide lower prices to people who buy several policies from them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it's still a good idea to comparison shop to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Chevy Cruze statistical loss data - Companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher loss trends will have a higher premium rate. The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Cruze Vehicles
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Even though it can be expensive, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Wyoming these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Cruze has a lienholder, it's guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects both your Chevy Cruze and your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to compare Chevy Cruze insurance rates in Casper. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the best rates are with an unexpected company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
When getting Casper auto insurance quotes online, it's not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Other learning opportunities
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Wyoming Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Lander, WY? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Retired Military in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Young Drivers in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)