I doubt anyone rejoices having to buy car insurance, in particular when the price is too high.
Unbelievably, the majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many drivers in Wyoming could save $200 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't want to spend time to compare rate quotes. Big companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all promote huge savings with catchy ads and consumers find it hard to see past the corporate glitz and find the best price available.
Many insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm allow consumers to get coverage prices from their websites. The process is pretty painless as all you need to do is type in your required coverages as detailed in the form. When the form is submitted, the quote system will order your driving record and credit report and returns pricing information determined by many factors. Quoting online for Chevy Colorado insurance in Cheyenne makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for the best auto insurance rates.
To compare rates using this form now, check out the auto insurance providers below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in deductibles and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This way, you will get a rate comparison for the exact same coverage.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Cheyenne, WY. If multiple providers are shown, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Colorado LT 2WD||$168||$310||$358||$22||$108||$966||$81|
|Colorado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$128||$288||$404||$24||$122||$966||$81|
|Colorado LT 4WD||$208||$376||$320||$18||$96||$1,018||$85|
|Colorado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$116||$250||$344||$20||$102||$832||$69|
|Colorado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$236||$440||$368||$22||$110||$1,176||$98|
|Colorado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$164||$332||$396||$24||$118||$1,034||$86|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Wyoming minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can lower or raise premiums greatly.
Cost of full coverage
The information below examines Chevrolet Colorado car insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no clear-cut rule for dropping comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Chevrolet Colorado claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $400 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The example below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders increase Chevrolet Colorado auto insurance costs for each different age category. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The illustration below highlights how deductible choice and can change Chevrolet Colorado insurance costs for different age categories. The prices are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Why you need quality insurance for your Chevy vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Wyoming these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Colorado has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves your Chevy and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheyenne car insurance discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be significant discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts will apply when you get a quote, but a few must be asked about before being credited. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Claim-Free Discount - Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Drive Safe and Save - Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Cheyenne auto insurance with a few car insurance companies.
- Multi-line Discount - Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Club Memberships - Being a member of certain professional organizations could trigger savings when shopping for car insurance.
- Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings up to 30%.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying a new car instead of a used Colorado can cost up to 25% less because newer models are generally safer.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not really a discount, but some companies like State Farm and Allstate allow you one accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear before the accident.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn't work that way.
Large car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- State Farm discounts include driver's education, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, defensive driving training, and passive restraint.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for new move discount, hybrid vehicle, multi-policy, good student, newly retired, new graduate, and new vehicle discount.
- American Family offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, good driver, defensive driver, and air bags.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for business and professional, early shopping, youthful driver, pay in full, teen driver, and alternative fuel.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including anti-theft, good student, paperless, mature driver, student away at school, anti-lock brakes, and air bags.
- SAFECO may include discounts for teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, anti-theft, homeowner, drive less, and multi-car.
Check with each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in Cheyenne. For a list of insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Wyoming, click this link.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
Always remember that when buying the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Wyoming minimum liability coverage?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Don't give up on cheap coverage
Discount Chevy Colorado insurance in Cheyenne is possible on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like policy non-renewal, delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium and delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding the right car insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
As you quote Cheyenne auto insurance, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read at these sites:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teachers in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for College Graduates in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Wyoming Car Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Newcastle, Wyoming? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)