Searching for lower-priced car insurance rates in Gillette, WY? Searching for the cheapest insurance for a new or used car in Wyoming can normally be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks to find lower rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance so we're going to tell you the proper way to price shop coverage for a new or used and locate the best price possible.
Consumers need to do rate comparisons every six months because rates are constantly changing. Just because you had the lowest premium rates on car insurance a couple years back you will most likely find a better price today. There is a lot of wrong information about car insurance on the internet, but in this article, you're going to get some of the best techniques to save money.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Gillette is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you already have coverage or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to reduce the price you pay without reducing protection. Drivers just have to understand the most efficient way to get comparison quotes using one simple form.
Best companies for cheap rates in Wyoming
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Wyoming. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$1,502||$751||$125|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$1,174||$587||$98|
|Ford Edge SE 2WD||$862||$431||$72|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$798||$399||$67|
|Ford F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$926||$463||$77|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,726||$863||$144|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$996||$498||$83|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,046||$523||$87|
|Honda Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,306||$653||$109|
|Hyundai Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$990||$495||$83|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$1,142||$571||$95|
|Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$992||$496||$83|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,240||$620||$103|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,320||$660||$110|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,338||$669||$112|
|Toyota RAV4 Sport 4WD||$1,276||$638||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Wyoming minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific garaging location which can modify coverage prices noticeably.
Does full coverage make sense?
The information below shows the comparison of Honda Pilot insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Wyoming. The rates are based on no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, married male driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
Honda Pilot rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to drop full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule for dropping full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's say your Honda Pilot book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $600 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Lower rate quotes on insurance with these insurance discounts
Car insurance companies do not list every discount they offer very clearly, so the following list contains some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious insurance savings.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Bundle and Save - When you have multiple policies with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Some insurance companies give better insurance rates if you take out a life policy as well.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying coverage for several vehicles with the same insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Distant Student - Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Gillette and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Seat Belts Save - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Paperless Signup - A few larger online companies give back up to $50 for signing up online.
We need to note that some credits don't apply the the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including good student, air bags, good driver, accident-free, and mySafetyValet.
- Nationwide includes discounts for good student, defensive driving, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, and multi-policy.
- MetLife may have discounts that include accident-free, multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, and good student.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for homeowners, teen driver, 55 and older, driver training, early bird, good student, and defensive driver.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for multi-car, early shopping, bundle discounts, pay in full, teen driver, and business and professional.
- Allstate has savings for good student, multi-policy, safe driver, EZ pay plan discount, and resident student.
Before buying, ask each company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in your state. To see a list of providers with discount rates in Wyoming, click here to view.
The ad said I'd save $384 a year!
Wyoming drivers get pounded daily by advertisements that claim the lowest rates by companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to advertise claims of big savings if you get a free Gillette car insurance quote and switch your car insurance policy to them.
Is it even possible that every company can sell you cheaper insurance coverage? Here is the trick they use.
Insurance companies require specific criteria for the type of driver that earns them the highest profit. For example, a profitable risk profile might have to be a married male, carries full coverage, and does not commute to work. A customer who meets those qualifications will get the preferred auto insurance rates in Gillette and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Consumers who don't qualify for those criteria must pay higher premiums and this can result in the customer not buying. Company advertisements say "people who switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save that much when switching. This is how companies can truthfully make claims that they all have the best prices. This illustrates why you really need to get price quotes at each policy renewal. Because you cannot predict which car insurance company will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Affordable auto insurance rates are possible
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like delays in paying claims, policy cancellation, extreme rates for teen drivers and policy non-renewal. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is actually quite simple.
We covered a lot of information how to reduce auto insurance prices online in Gillette. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
The cheapest auto insurance in Gillette can be purchased from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Laramie, Wyoming? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in Wyoming? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)